Removable batteries discussion

I have always preferred phones with removable batteries so far, thinking that it will most certainly be the first component in a device to fail. I have even advised people in my circles to do so, until a recent event.

A family member of mine still uses a HTC DesireX. Recently, he wanted to replace his battery because of swelling. He bought two matching batteries from different sellers. The problem is, even though they were unopened/sealed packages of original batteries, they were not holding much charge. (I suppose they waited on a shelf for some time.)

This made me question myself. In the past, I have used nokia smartphones, and they were easy to replace with fresh batteries, since almost all nokias used the same battery type. Now with android, its all over the place. Is it even worth it to go for a removable battery device when you cant find a replacement a couple of years after you purchase it? What do you think/prefer?

PS. I realize this is not exactly fault of android OS, but I couldnt find a better place to ask. Hope you dont kick me to the curb.



Submitted September 29, 2018 at 08:00PM by SerBardiche https://ift.tt/2zFWOCY https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog